[meteorite-list] Fw: Re: Crater Wrong?

E.P. Grondine epgrondine at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 14:34:35 EDT 2010

Hi all -

It turns out the geological structure is an impact rebound -
thanks to Jim for the info.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas

--- On Wed, 7/14/10, Jimski47 at aol.com <Jimski47 at aol.com> wrote:

There are a number of Serpent mound shatter cones for sale on ebay. Here's  the link to one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Excellent-Serpent-Mound-Crater-Shatter-cone-both-sides-
/370393656020?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563d2eaad4_

http://cgi.ebay.com/Excellent-Serpent-Mound-Crater-Shatter-cone-both-sides-/37039
3656020?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563d2eaad4)

Jim K

> In a message dated 7/14/2010 12:22:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> epgrondine at yahoo.com writes:
> Hi all -
>
> I have always read that Serpent  Mound, Ohio was built on top of an impact rebound, but the other evening I was  told that it was
built on top of the  center of a collapsed volcanic caldera.  While
functionally it does not make any difference, as I don't remember any  shatter cones from it being offered for sale on the list, and I am  wondering.