[meteorite-list] ANSWER TO THE POP QUIZ

Shawn Alan photophlow at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 01:35:04 EDT 2010

Hello Listers,

I would like to thank everyone that emailed me with their answers.

The question to the pop quiz was:

What year was the first chemical analysis of a fallen meteorite done in, by whom, and what is the name of the meteorite.

The Answers

1769
Lavoisier, or Fougerous de Bonderoy or Louis-Cadet de Gassicourt. Lavoisier was the chemist to read the report to the academy in 1769 about Luce meteorite which feel in 1768.

I would like to congratulate John.L.Cabassi for being the 5th Lister to email me with the correct answers. John will receive a free Tagish lake meteorite sample.

Please stay tune to next weeks POP QUIZ, this one will be a fun one and the winner from next week will receive a micro meteorite LOT and it isn't Tagish Lake. All I can say is its one of the first to have this recorded in USA.

Stay turn and thank you every one for submitting your answers and I am enjoying that people are learning and having fun with these POP QUIZZES.

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBaystore
http://shop.ebay.com/photophlow/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340