[meteorite-list] Largest meteorite sphere?

Richard Kowalski damoclid at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 14:21:46 EDT 2010

I was visiting a friend's place here in Tucson, looking at his collection. We has a number of spheres made from meteorites in his collection. I commented that while I only have one NWA 869 sphere in my own collection, I especially like irons made into spheres then etched because you get to view the lattice in all three dimensions. A future acquisition...

He commented about how common meteorite spheres are in many 19th century collections.

That got me thinking; What is the largest sphere in the world made from meteoritic material?

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography