[meteorite-list] Melt vein micrograph

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Sun Jan 31 12:04:25 EST 2010

Hi list,  I thought some of you might get a  kick out of a melt vein
micrograph I just took.  It is in DaG 478 an  L6.  Only classified as an L6 but it
has some of the most beautiful impact  melt.

I just bought an aus Jena Neophot 21 to get some hard to find parts  and I
am having fun with "Scope Time" on a very cold snowing day in  Idaho.

I wish I was in Tucson.

I reduced the shot to 2000 Pixel  wide which will allow me to send a large
file with out exceeding the size limit  of most Internet carriers.

I think you will like it if you are a metal  fan.  Just email me if you
want me to send it.

Tom Phillips