[meteorite-list] Dumb Questions About Meteors & Meteorites

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Tue Jan 26 13:00:04 EST 2010

>>If this is the continued  incandescence why is the "trail" not straight?
Was the meteoroid still  "glowing" hot thereby producing a visible light
bright enough to be picked  up by the camera?<<

In that area, the meteor probably wasn't bright  enuf, for long enuf to be
exposed in your camera. The lingering ionized train  will have a longer time
for exposure and show up without a meteor trails  apparent presence. Your
crooked trail appears to me to be the beginning of the  ionized train
distorting with the high altitude winds. As the train twists and  turns, brighter
spots presents itself for exposure...thus appearing crooked.  This is
something I had expected to see in Hankeys photograph, but  don't.
GeoZay