[meteorite-list] Terminal Velocity vs Cosmic "Flaming" Velocity

Randy Korotev korotev at wustl.edu
Mon Jan 25 14:54:34 EST 2010

Maybe someone else mentioned this, but on the interview with the
dentist, Dr. Ciampi, that NPR aired this weekend, he clearly said
that the meteorite "wasn't warm either when he [his partner] touched it."

Also, the reporter, Audie Cornish, consistently referred to the thing
as a "meteor" despite that Dr. Ciampi called it a meteorite.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7

At 13:12 25-01-10 Monday, you wrote:
> >>I did read however in one article by a  major newspaper that stated the
>Lorton meteorite was "smoldering". Don't  remember where though. Perhaps
>a misquote, or  misinterpretation?<<
>
>Probably a reporters poetic license being  exercised. :O)
>geozay

Randy Korotev
Saint Louis, MO
korotev at wustl.edu