[meteorite-list] "Meteorite Men" on Discovery Tonight, New Website, News, Tucson, etc.

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Sat Jan 16 17:37:10 EST 2010

Richard Posted:

> by "special edition", do you mean just that the original pilot is
> airing on Discovery or that this is a different cut of the pilot?

Dear Richard:

Our executive producer at Science advised us that the version of the
pilot airing tonight will be largely the same as the original, but
will include a short trailer for the new series. I expect that to be a
composite of scenes from the upcoming episodes.

We are excited by this broadcast because -- as you know -- Discovery
is one of the larger cable networks in the world, and so this special
airing will hopefully introduce meteorite science and meteorite
collecting to a much larger audience.

At least we hope so!  : )

See you at the gem show, cheers,

Geoff