[meteorite-list] Cutting NWA Pallasite

Galactic Stone & Ironworks meteoritemike at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 19:26:36 EST 2010

Hi List,

Has anyone tried to cut a piece of the NWA pallasite fragments that
are going around right now?

I have a beautiful little specimen from Big Kahuna Meteorites (Gary
Fujihara), and I was wondering if anyone has sliced this material yet?
 Is it worth cutting?  Will it show a metal and olivine matrix like
other pallasites?  The olivines look relatively fresh, compared to
something like Huckitta, so I was thinking this material might be
pretty, if a large enough specimen was sliced.

Best regards,

MikeG