[meteorite-list] Fireball SE of Tucson

Mark Bowling minador at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 11 22:11:45 EST 2010

At approx. 7:53 p.m. (20 minutes ago) I saw a small bolide SE of Tucson, traveling in a southerly direction.  It was maybe 20 degrees above the horizon.  It was moving somewhat fast.

Anybody else see it?

I was  just answering my cell phone, and the first words my brother said was that he just saw an huge meteor.  He was at I-10 & Palo Verde.  I told him I just saw it too - in fact it was still going when we started speaking.  It was green in color and broke up into 2 or 3 pieces.  Hopefully someone else has seen or heard it.  So start checking for reports folks!  I wonder if it was caught by Doppler or the all sky camera network...

Mark Bowling
Vail, AZ