[meteorite-list] Labeling specimens:Alternate Approach

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sun Feb 28 13:35:22 EST 2010

>>I, like Arnaud, photograph and record the weight of all specimens.  <<

This is exactly what I do. The title of my file is simply, "George  Zay
Meteorites". I usually keep 4 to 6 photos  of each meteorite from  various
angles and perspectives. I number each photograph in sequence. For  example, I
list my NWA 2932 as such, "102.5 gram NWA 2932 #1" or #2, #3 etc. The
numerical sequence scheme also designates that my best photo is also #1 and on
up.
GeoZay