[meteorite-list] Lovina / Not Crystals

Darryl Pitt darryl at dof3.com
Wed Feb 24 14:20:55 EST 2010

Hi Folks,

One last word here....

While it is tempting to refer to the ziggurat structures atop Lovina
as crystals, they are not.  (I was corrected when I made this error.)
These geometric forms are the result of a subtractive weathering
process on an organized matrix of troilte, a geometry aided by the
presence of tetrataenite.

Changing subjects but not entirely, I just wrote a pal something I
would like to share:  while it shouldn't really be this way, it's more
fun and so much simpler having a common chondrite that hit a car.    ;-)

All the best to everyone / Darryl