[meteorite-list] Matters Arising

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Thu Feb 4 01:14:03 EST 2010

In a message dated 2/3/2010 3:59:47 AM Mountain  Standard Time,
P.Davidson at nms.ac.uk writes:
Dear Listees

I have been a  member of this list now for less than a year. In that time I
have seen some  almighty stushies (Scots word meaning rumpus or row) and
debates as well as a  mountain of information and the forging of some great
new  friendships.

However the recent postings on guns and arms has seriously  depressed and
angered me, and if anything has come close to forcing me off the  list, it is
this. I never thought I would see the day when I would be sharing
correspondence with "hicks" and "rednecks" or NRA sycophants and  apologists.

Anne (Black) I salute you. Your simple, straightforward words  are my only
comfort. :-(

Peter Davidson
Curator of  Minerals

Thank you Peter,
I do appreciate the compliment.
Please  know that in the USA not all "hicks" are NRA apologists, and not
all NRA  apologists are "hicks". I simply detest guns and will not tolerate
them near  me.
Beside that, please remember a saying I was told a long time ago: "the
dogs bark, the train goes on"  :-)

And please do not leave the  List.
Thank you.

Anne M. Black