[meteorite-list] Geminid Meteor Shower Count

Robert Woolard meteoritefinder at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 15:03:34 EST 2010

Observed under ~75% clear skies for 40 mins between 0330 and 0410 (when total cloud cover rolled in VERY quickly and thus put a stop to the show).

Saw 56 during the 40 mins, one lasting over 3 seconds, 4 with very brief trains, ~2 seconds).

Temp was 18 F so maybe it was a good thing those clouds moved in after all.  ;-)   The spot I observe from usually has anywhere from 2-10 others also watching. For some "strange" reason, there was NOBODY there except me last night....  Wimps.

  Robert Woolard