[meteorite-list] Geminid Meteor Shower Count

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Tue Dec 14 11:43:30 EST 2010

Dear Orrin and List:

Thank you for the report from a neighbor here in Arizona.

We had a wonderful show last night over Tucson. I spotted my first
Geminid at about 7:30 pm, and checked back periodically, later in the
night. The skies were very clear and after 12:30 am, once the Moon had
set, we were counting ~65 per hour. Most were faint but about 1 in 10
meteors were quite spectacular, with long, bright trails.

Easily the best Geminids shower I've ever seen. Hoping for a few more
tonight.

Regards from Tucson,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org