[meteorite-list] David's NWA 6155 - a CK4 with W0 and TKW 53 grams

bernd.pauli at paulinet.de bernd.pauli at paulinet.de
Sun Dec 5 11:21:58 EST 2010

Hello List,

Yesterday my young German fellow meteorite collector David G. offered nine slices
of his very fresh, carbonaceous chondrite NWA 6155. It was classified by Tony Irving
as a CK4 with a TKW of only (!) 53 grams.

Those of you who have already seen the pictures David has taken of this carbonaceous
beauty, can, without a doubt, confirm that this *is* a fresh CK4 (hence W0!) and its
extremely low TKW certainly make it worth a closer look and a desirable addition to
one's collection!

Even though the online Meteoritical Bulletin says it is a CK5, it is actually a CK4
(Tony Irving, pers. comm. with David). This is your chance to acquire a stunningly
fresh CK4 chondrite. Our young student from Saxony would certainly appreciate it!

Of the twenty-nine CK4 chondrites from NWA hitherto listed in
the Bulletin, none has been assigned a weathering degree of W0:

W0 = none
W0/1 = one
W1 = four
low = 2