[meteorite-list] Holbrook Tektites ( Heat Testing of Tektites)

cdtucson at cox.net cdtucson at cox.net
Fri Aug 27 13:41:26 EDT 2010

Bernd, Mark, Dennis, Brian, et al,
This is quite interesting because Dennis sent me pictures of his Holbrook Tektite find and it is identical to my finds both in color ( golden brown not grey) and texture.
I like that "Arizonaites" or Arizona Whatevers".
Again they look like Columbianites and the really interesting thing is that Holbrook is quite a distance from Wilcox AZ. where I found all of mine.
There are some really good pictures of Tektites in Marvin's Book. "Southwest Meteorite Collection" pages 182-197.
Carl

--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax