[meteorite-list] Composition of Tektites

Walter Branch waltbranch at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 28 23:14:50 EDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

I thought I had a paper somewhere in my files but I can't locate it.

There is an old theory, largely discredited I believe,  which states that
tektites originate from lunar volcanoes.   The glassy beads found in the
lunar regolith and brought back by the Apollo astronauts are of volcanic
origin.

Can some inform me as to the results of a comparative analysis between
tektites and the those glassy beads?

I know I have reprints somewhere but I can't find them.

Thanks.

-Walter Branch