[meteorite-list] Magnet canes are evil DONT THINK SO!

Adam Hupe raremeteorites at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 15:57:07 EDT 2010

Believe it or not, It is illegal to carry a magnet on a stick or any other
searching device into some areas of California for the purpose of locating a
resource. Get caught with a magnetic cane or no permit on Ivanpah Dry Lake bed
for example and you will be in big trouble with the BLM.  Any place that has
artifacts in California which includes most dry lake beds is now off-limits to
using a magnetic cane or metal detector for searching.  This is what I was told
by a BLM officer in the Needles California office when I tried to pin them down
for answers and permits.

Best Regards,

Adam