[meteorite-list] Flattest Complete Meteorite

bernd.pauli at paulinet.de bernd.pauli at paulinet.de
Sun Aug 22 15:52:52 EDT 2010

> Wow, that's what's called a flat one! The Hupés sell 'em?

There are actually two Al Mahbas pieces in my collection, one of these
came from John Birdsell and it is an endcut weighing 5.926 grams.

The other piece is this flat individual with a large olivine crystal that
I acquired from the Hupés. Maybe it is a flat, weathered piece that once
was part of a larger specimen.

I just recall another, extremely flat individual from my collection: Veevers,
IIAB,...a small, lenticular (or kidney-shaped) individual weighing 4.2 grams
from Eric Olson and measuring a mere 1.86 x 1.26 x 0.62 cm.

Regards,

Bernd