[meteorite-list] Cyanobacteria in meteorites?

Meteorites USA eric at meteoritesusa.com
Fri Aug 20 19:06:24 EDT 2010

Hi Kirk, I agree such a discovery, if true, is monumental. Perhaps even
larger than one person could ever conceive or comprehend. As huge as
news of this is, not one person responded  with comment to even refute
this lastest link or argue against it, or propose another opinion at
all. It simply got ignored.

I'm seriously curious about this apparent double standard on the burden
of proof. Sure, there's questions to be asked, but my point is no ones
asking... Even the NASA's announcement of 3 Martian meteorites having
"possible" evidence of life in the form of microbial fossils was
practically ignored from most list members a few months back. Barely any
discussion on it at all. It seems people would rather whine about what
meteorite is paired with what, complain about pricing than talk about
what really matters.

Aliens!

It's like no one wants to talk about the possibility of aliens or
something! ;) Is there really some alien stigma out there?

Are people afraid of being accused of being crazy tinfoil hat wearing
alien mind probe freaks?

Regards,
Eric