[meteorite-list] Nininger museum / books for sale

W&S Schroer schroer at bigpond.com
Sat Aug 14 21:59:13 EDT 2010

Hi list,

does anyone have a relatively recent good quality photo of the Nininger
museum ruin near Route 66 ? I need it for a meteorite exhibition early next
year and it will be printed in A3+, framed and put on display together with
as many Nininger memorabilia items I can get. The photo should fit into an
email and it therefore shouldn't be bigger than  4 - 5 mb, which is still ok
for A3+.

If anyone has an unusual authentic item I can use that is NOT a meteorite,
book or brick, please contact me off list. Unfortunately, chips of
Nininger's drainage system don't qualify for this project, even if they are
crusted. ;)

I also have two books for sale.

1. 'Find a falling Star', H.H. Nininger, 1972, hard back, no dust jacket,
ex-library and with some black markings on all three outer edges of the
pages. It has seen better days but I'm not asking for hundreds of $$$ like
some of the large book sellers do for similar copies. $80

2. 'Meteorites - Their Record of Early Solar-System History', John T.
Wasson, 1985, hard back, no dust jacket, NO library book. The cover has also
seen better days, pages are very clean. $30

Please contact me off list.

Werner Schroer
IMCA #2101