[meteorite-list] STOLEN meteorites - from Allen Shaw

Steve Dunklee steve.dunklee at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 10:14:03 EDT 2010

It would be nice if everyone would photograph all of the material they purchase. Then if it went missing, it would help identify it. I believe everyone on this list is honorable and do not want to purchase lost, stolen , or illegal to export material. The wonderful thing about meteorites is the provenance. My slices if stolen and cut up can still be identified like a fingerprint. This makes collecting meteorite slices one of the most safe hobbies a person can do. Clear skys! Steve