[meteorite-list] AD NWA 6061, a nice L3 - W1 - S2, with 48g TKW

Fabien Kuntz wwmeteorites at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 16:25:07 EDT 2010

Hello,

introduce my new fresh L3 (Weathering grade W1, Shock stage S2, Total Known
Weight 48g), named NWA 6061. The type specimen was 9.2g, in the 38.9g endcut
left, I produced yesterday 11 specimens, 10 complete slices and 1 endcut (main
mass), all available on this here :

http://www.wwmeteorites.com/NWA6061.html

No subtype gived for this meteorite, but close in look to some NWA L3.5... but
as I have not a scanning electron microscope (SEM) or a electron microprobe
(EMP) in the eye, it's just an opinion...

Fabien