[meteorite-list] Darryl Futrell on flanged tektite prices (Was: Spectacular Tektite on eBay)

Brian Cox searchingforfun at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 10 00:22:14 EDT 2010

Hello List,

As I read all of the posts about the discussion of Tektite
prices.........all I can do is hang my head.   :-(

Another good investment that I didn't pay any attention to.  I honestly
never really liked the look of most of them and thought the dumbbells were
kind of cool, but was a little baffled since I was only interested in
meteorites and Libyan Desert Glass and some other impact glass.

The flanged tektites I must admit always reminded me of marbles with a
Saturn ring around them.... Too bad I didn't buy them back 10 years ago when
they were a little less.. Just think, $1,000-$2,000-$5,000 USD wouldn't be a
bad return on something for $700-900 back then.

Ah, such is life!   ;-)

All the best!
Brian