[meteorite-list] Laughlin, NV Crater?

Adam Hupe raremeteorites at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 23:22:43 EDT 2010

Dear List,

I observed what looks somewhat like a large impact crater surrounding me right
here in sunny and friendly Laughlin, NV.  I was checking out the Colorado River
for the Rockin the River Regatta next weekend on Google Earth and noticed I live
on the edge of a giant circular formation.  Here is the Google Earth link:

<http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.136363,-114.661624&spn=0.059241,0.110378&t=f&z=13&ecpose=35.133387,-114.66087323,12385.2,-11.663,1.617,0>

Possibly, a hike is in order or it is just my imagination prompting me to
challenge the hot weather.  It has cooled down to around 116 degrees so maybe a
backyard mountain hike is in order.  I do not know what the circular structure
is, my guess a natural formation not related to an impact.  Maybe somebody with
more knowledge of the geology in this area can clue me in.

Best Regards,

Adam