[meteorite-list] work of art cleaning meteorite see the diffrence

Alexander Seidel gsac at gmx.net
Sat Aug 7 05:05:18 EDT 2010

> a sandblaster to make a very oxidised meteorite brand new
> very fresh like it fell yesterday

"Very fresh like it fell yesterday" ... ???

Why should you do this to a meteorite that in actual fact *did not* fall yesterday? "Lifting" may be cool for some human divas, but is the same true for those old meteorites? Shouldn´t we respect them "as they are", and preserve them that way? On the other hand, of course I am well aware that´s a matter of perspective, but in this case I just wouldn´t have used that big tool from the cleaning park... :-)

Just my two cents on that,
Alex
Berlin/Germany