[meteorite-list] Question About Documented "Radial Fractures" and Ni Anomalies at Impact Craters

Paul H. oxytropidoceras at cox.net
Sun Aug 1 13:01:38 EDT 2010

Dear Friends,

I have seen the presence of "radial fractures" and "Ni
anomalies" in local sediments used as evidence for the
extraterrestrial impact origin of landforms and features.
>From what I have found so far, neither of these criteria
are recognized as being either traditional, valid, or
convincing evidence for arguing that a feature or
structure is of impact origin.

Does anyone know of any of the impact structures
recognized by the Geological Survey of Canada's Earth
Impact Database that have been documented to have
"radial fracture" systems or "Ni anomalies" in local
stream or other surficial sediments associated with
them?  Has anyone argued for either "radial fractures
of Ni anomalies in surficial sediments being valid
criteria that demonstrates the extraterrestrial origin
of specific landforms?

If so, any citation(s) to such research that can be sent
to me offlist will be greatly appreciated.

Yours,

PAul H.