[meteorite-list] joining Facebook or photosharing sites

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Thu Apr 29 16:20:52 EDT 2010

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:00:29 -0400, you wrote:

>his picture on imageshack, photobucket, flickr, or shutterfly, and had
>the settings done just right, you would have needed a password to access
>the picture on those sites as well.

Not true for Imageshack.  Not true for photobucket.  Been a while since I've had
photos on flickr or shutterfly, so I don't know what their settings are now.
But most photo sharing sites default to "anyone can view them"-- that's the
point of photo _sharing_.  You have to go into the settings and tinker with them
to make an album private.  For instance, here's a folder of mine at photobucket:

http://s313.photobucket.com/albums/ll394/darrengarrison/nature/

Note the total absence of having to sign up for photobucket to see the pictures.
That is with the default settings.  No password required.