[meteorite-list] AD: Wisconsin Fireball Meteorite Fall Part Slices on Ebay NOW 1 day

MeteorHntr at aol.com MeteorHntr at aol.com
Fri Apr 23 23:29:48 EDT 2010

Hello List,

I have just returned home  today from Wisconsin with a couple of recovered
specimens, one of which has been  sliced.  The interior on some of the
slices is absolutely amazing. I have  picked out a few of my favorite looking
pieces and have listed them on Ebay  tonight.

I have been asked by many people what I think these new  specimens are
worth, and what I would be willing to sell mine for?

I really don't know the answer to these questions.

So, instead  of trying to guess at the supply and demand issues concerned
here, I figured I  would let the free market decide for me.  My hunch is that
these will sell  up around $100/g but who knows for sure.  Very little has
made it to  market, and very little may ever make it to market.  Then again,
a 500  pound main mass might be found and these could get a lot cheaper
later...providing the large mass would make it to market.

So I have put  up a couple of part slices on ebay tonight with a 1 day
listing.  I have a  few more listed on the 3 day listings to allow everyone the
weekend to decide if  they want a part slice and if they want to bid on
them.  I know if I gave  them a full week or 10 days the bids would likely go
higher, but why waste time  when we all can figure out what these are worth
sooner?

Check out my  listings  here:

http://stores.ebay.com//stevearnoldmeteorites?refid=store

Thanks,