[meteorite-list] Wisconsin Fall - Close Encounter

mlangen lmlangenfeld at tds.net
Mon Apr 19 14:40:25 EDT 2010

Ryan:

Well, I'll take a crack at this.  I recently moved from Madison, WI, to
rural Green County.  I now live southeast of New Glarus, about 45 miles ESE
of Livingston and almost directly along the probable strewnfield major axis.
I was lucky enough Wednesday night to see three brilliant sequential flashes
through a WNW-facing window, although not the fireball itself.  Beautiful,
nonetheless.

I have been out to the hunt area three times but, unfortunately, have been
neither skilled nor lucky enough to make a find (big or small).  So it goes.
Had this space rock entered the atmosphere just a few seconds later, I might
be searching my own acreage right now!

Mark