[meteorite-list] Fireball News Cast video causes fires in the woods

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Thu Apr 15 13:09:20 EDT 2010

>>Here is a video link of the fireball  from last night. An some witness
took some images of some fires that were caused  by the fall. Ill let you
guess decide what you think of this.<<

the  reporters were doing okay up until the phone in report. Then that had
to been  the most boring phone in news report I've ever heard. :O) I'm quite
confident  that the burning trees had nothing to do with the meteor.
Probably lightning  caused it some time ago. Judging by the large sized tree trunk
in one of those  photos, it took some doing to get it to burn all the way
thru. The interior of a  live tree is wet, so it wasn't something that just
caught on fire a few hours  ago and did that much burning. I've seen trees
under more favorable burning  conditions take days to burn this much. Anyhow,
I wouldn't connect the meteor  with the fires in any way.
GeoZay