[meteorite-list] Inverted incident light microscope for sale on eBay

Starsinthedirt at aol.com Starsinthedirt at aol.com
Wed Apr 14 18:23:38 EDT 2010

Hi list.  This is not an ad as I do not even know the seller of this
microscope.

I have shared discussions with several list members on  appropriate
microscopes for their meteorite examinations and I think there are  others who are
wondering about picking up a scope so that is why I am posting  the Met List
about a microscope.

I won't annoy any of you with  exaggerated claims about a microscope model
like "Best ever" etc.  What I  will say is this is a great model microscope.
 I have used one  personally.  It will give you results similar to what can
be obtained on a  Neophot but 400 pounds lighter.

This particular scope looks to need some  TLC and perhaps some parts so
keep that in mind.  Ebay has been weird  lately and I have seen some real
bargains.  The starting price on it is  less than I have seen some of the
objectives it comes with sell for.

The  listing is:

AUS JENA ZEISS SEDIVAL INVERTED PHASE CAMERA MICROSCOPE

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUS-JENA-ZEISS-SEDIVAL-INVERTED-PHASE-CAMERA-MICROSCOPE_
W0QQitemZ320517384810QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4aa0532a
6a

Please  keep in mind this is an incident light microscope and will not be
suitable for  the bright colors of cross polarized transmitted light.  A good
example of  the images different style microscopes are used to create is in
an old Meteorite  Times Micro Vision Article of mine.  Called "The right
microscope for  you"

http://www.meteorite-times.com/Back_Links/2008/may/index.htm

If the link does not work it can be found in back issues May  2008

I'm not bidding so good luck!

Tom