[meteorite-list] An embarrassment to us all (but mostly me)!Hi

Starsinthedirt at aol.com Starsinthedirt at aol.com
Mon Apr 5 13:18:03 EDT 2010

Hi list.  Some of you have pointed out the  eBay seller claiming to have
human blood vessels in Martian meteorites.   Cute and harmless nut?

I just stumbled onto  this!

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-426479

A housefly  found in a meteorite
March 30, 2010 | Taiwan | Vetting explained

This  "report" is not he first time this guy has used my images and my name
to make  insane claims.  But this is the first time he has said that
microphotographer (Tom Phillips), (Me), said he found a house fly in a meteorite
slice.  This is embarrassing to all meteorite collectors.

It is  just a photomicrograph of a house fly to demonstrate a
microphotography  technique.   This is explained clearly in the Meteorite Times article
he swiped the image from.  Stating otherwise could not be an honest  error.
He has made up words and said I was the author of those words.

This guy should be banned from posting, all his posts should be removed,
and if possible his computer taken away and given to a child who knows how to
 use it.

Any ideas of how to stop this insanity would be appreciated.

My micrographs are already unconventional.  I pursue more art than  science
and I ignore standard techniques used in meteorite examination.   The most
obvious difference in my images is magnification levels higher than  what is
even useful in petro grade determinations.  As a result, I have  come up
with some unusual looking features in meteorites.  When you come up  with the
unusual you have a high standard of accuracy to maintain or every thing  is
dismissed.

I did not find a house fly in a meteorite slice!!!  The house fly was a
house fly slide.  Part of a child's "Insects under the  microscope" set.

Why are his eBay listings claiming human body parts in  Martian meteorites
(very high priced) still allowed on eBay???  Does the  IMCA have no
influence with eBay?

Thanks,   Tom Phillips