[meteorite-list] Meteorwrong; What Is It?

JoshuaTreeMuseum joshuatreemuseum at embarqmail.com
Thu Apr 1 14:16:43 EDT 2010

Of all the Meteorite Men engendered meteorwrongs and leaverite that's been
brought to the museum lately, this one was the most interesting.  It was
found in southern Michigan by the area's largest rock dealer, (for
landscaping and decorative use).  I know it's not a meteorite, but I'm not a
geologist and can't identify it.  I thought it was some kind of rock slag,
possibly volcanic in origin.  (Yes, I know there are no volcanoes in
Michigan.)  People always want to know what it is if it's not a meteorite.
Any ideas?

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z126/tboswell/April2010/001.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z126/tboswell/April2010/002.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z126/tboswell/April2010/005.jpg