[meteorite-list] Off Topic: Element 79 by Fred Hoyle & Ad

Michael Fowler mqfowler at mac.com
Tue Sep 22 17:19:38 EDT 2009

Hi list,

I remember fondly a science fiction story by the famous English Astro-
Physicist, Fred Hoyle.  It is about a meteorite fall that would have
destroyed the world financial system, if it hadn't been kept secret.

The name of the story is:  "Element 79"

Here's the ad part:

For those of you who have always wanted to hold a good piece of
element 79 in your hand, or to have something to compare to when you
tell someone that a certain meteorite in your collection is worth
more, gram for gram, than gold I have an auction on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290352540640&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1137

if someone on the list should be the buyer, I'll include my treasured
copy of Hoyle's story "Element 79".

Mike Fowler
Chicago