[meteorite-list] Idle speculation on panspermia

E.P. Grondine epgrondine at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 19:30:06 EDT 2009

Hi all -

One of the reasons why panspermia etc. play such a role in debate regards
some peoples' obsessions with manned flight to Mars, and the problem of back-contamination.

Bottom line: we don't know. Other bottom line: it's not all that important to know right now.

I read with frustration and anger reports of NASA proposing to spend $4 billion on the question of life on Europa, while spending as near $0 as they can get away with on finding the next piece of space crud headed our way.

Could someone fire Weiler now? Tomorrow morning?

E.P.