[meteorite-list] (Meteorite) Strange Rock Reports

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Thu Sep 17 10:15:38 EDT 2009

>>The clue is in the file  name...La Mancha!...and in the glassy
crust...most eucrites show a very fluid  glassy crust, very distinctive, such as
Millbillillie and Camel Donga. If you  find stones with such a crust then even
more exciting...I think very unlikely to  stick to your magnet at all though,
so even more difficult to initially be  certain they are meteorites.<<

Well...I had no idea that there was  a kind of meteorites that had a glassy
fusion crush. When Sterling first made  his post, I thought he was joking.
To me, I thought he or someone had smeared  roofing tar onto an ordinary
rock. I was right though...Sterling did indeed post  a joke, but it was on me
and he didn't even realize it. :O) Thanks for the  education guys...GeoZay