[meteorite-list] Meteorite Postcards

Phil Whitmer prairiecactus at rtcol.com
Sun Sep 13 21:00:31 EDT 2009

Jason, Mike,

Of course you're right about the metal flakes, the stone would have to be
cut and polished to see them. (Duh! on my part).

It would seem that if this was a big fall, at least one stone would have
turned up by now.  The Amish farmers with their slow moving horse drawn
equipment would find some stones you'd think. I think there are  also a lot
of Mennonite and Old Order Brethren farmers in that area. They're all people
that live close to the earth.  They would be more likely to respond to a
postcard written in Pennsylvania Dutch (Deitsch).  I don't think there's an
online translator for that though!

The corn picking will start in a couple of weeks, maybe something will turn
up.

Phil Whitmer