[meteorite-list] TKW of all Lunar meteorites? Martians?

Randy Korotev korotev at wustl.edu
Fri Sep 11 11:37:10 EDT 2009

>Does anyone know the TKW of all lunar meteorites?
>The Metbase lists only 38 approved lunar meteorites, is this still correct?

It lists 129, but each stone has a number.  65 is our best guess at
the number of actual meteorites when pairings are taken into account
(includes some that are not yet official).

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/moon_meteorites_list_alumina.htm
http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/moon_meteorites_list_alpha.htm

>Anyone know a good resource for statistics on lunar meteorites?

See also the mass bar chart here:

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/moon_meteorites.htm

>Is this info available for Martians also?

The most up-to-date info is here:

http://www.imca.cc/mars/martian-meteorites-list.htm

Randy Korotev
Saint Louis, MO