[meteorite-list] Removal from the list - Aliens Did It!

Meteorites USA eric at meteoritesusa.com
Thu Sep 3 01:26:53 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

With all due respect to all. This list has ONE forum. Almost ALL forums
online have many forum categories, and most have an off-topic category
forum for people to communicate their opinions and discuss off-topic
posts. It keeps the community whole and gives members who wish to
discuss off-topic issues, a choice. In other words you still do have a
choice. Read the post or hit your delete key.

The "Alien Life" thread is in fact either indirectly or possibly
directly related to meteorites, and therefore VERY worthy of this list.
Anyone who'd like to argue that notion should reconsider their own
understanding of what the study of meteorites truly means and their own
list membership. By complaining about seemingly off-topic posts in
regards to aliens people are in effect saying they don't want to learn
about their universe. Sorry if that seems harsh, but I've seen a lot
worse things on this list than the serious philosophical and
scientifically educated discussions of the possibility of life elsewhere
in the universe.

I for one would much rather discuss seriously the alien life subject in
relationship to the studies being performed on meteorites, and the
evidence being found within them that support the notion of life
elsewhere, rather than be a part of a forum who speaks unintelligently
about alien abduction, or close encounters and UFO sightings.

Besides, the whole reason behind the study of meteorites in the first
place is to learn MORE about our universe, and this CERTAINLY includes
the search for extraterrestrial life and in fact could center on it.
Those who would argue that scientific and logical discussion about the
possibilities of life elsewhere in our universe based on the connection
between that life and meteorites is somehow "Not Worthy" and "Off-Topic"
is somehow not entirely fair or correct.

It doesn't have to be a discussion about little green men, it has to do
with the study of meteorites and the real possibility of
extraterrestrial life, and the direct connections with meteorites if any
that exist.

To deny that is simply akin to an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand.

Regards,
Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA