[meteorite-list] Thomas Jefferson & Weston

JoshuaTreeMuseum joshuatreemuseum at embarqmail.com
Tue Sep 1 14:40:19 EDT 2009

Sterling,

Sorry but you're wrong, you're quoting the parody of the line from Blazing
Saddles.
The actual quote is
Dobbs: 'If you're the police where are your badges?'
Gold Hat: 'Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't
have to show you any stinkin' badges!'

I shouldn't have to explain that irony is a literary device where you feign
ignorance for comic effect.

So while Sagan did say Billions and Billions in his book title, Alfonso
Bedoya never said: "We don't need no stinking badges".

I should know, I've seen both movies,  dozens of times.

Phil (Get a grip Dobsie!) Whitmer