[meteorite-list] You learn something new everyday

E.P. Grondine epgrondine at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 22:36:24 EDT 2009

Hi Paul -

I was amazed to learn of the iron impactor which killed the dinosaurs.
I was also amazed to learn how very large comet fragments further fragment when they hit the Earth's atmosphere at hypervelocities. Well, then, they don't all just turn into magic comet dust then, the earlier load from NASA.

You learn something new everyday. Today I learned that it pays to tow the line that comet impacts are no more than 5% of the impact hazard.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas