[meteorite-list] Found this yesterday

Michael Murray mmurray at montrose.net
Mon Nov 30 15:26:49 EST 2009

Hi List,
I found this strange stone yesterday metal detecting.  It is weird in
that it sounds off on my Gold Bug but does not sound like a hot rock.
More like a small nugget.
Going by feel only, gross density is less than 3.  Seems light for its
size.
It's very friable in some areas, other areas on it look like melted
glass covers them
Slight but definite magnetic attraction
Color in photos is pretty close to actual.  A big portion of the stone
has an orange color, other areas on edges is more tan-grey.
There are orange inclusions here and there throughout what I can see.
Orange material seems to have a different melt point than other
material.

Other than  that, it looks to have some white material under some of
the clear glassy exterior.

Anyone have something similar in their rock collection?

Mike in CO

<http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/mmurray_02/IMG_1208.jpg>

<http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/mmurray_02/IMG_1210.jpg>

<http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/mmurray_02/IMG_1211.jpg>