[meteorite-list] SaU 001 Incident Light Micrograph

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 21:46:28 EST 2009

Hi List,  My first love in meteorite  micrographs is high magnification
incident light (reflected) images of thick  samples.  My first article in
Meteorite Magazine was this technique. For  the last couple years I have only
worked on cross polarized transmitted light  images of thin sections.  One of
the reasons is camera/adapter for my  Neophot issues.  I was given the use of
a lathe and I turned down a  suitable part to address this.

I wanted to share a shot of a SaU 001  chondrule up close.  If you would
like to take a look please email me and  let me know if you want the reduced
embedded file or the full size 12mp as an  attachment.  (Many Internet hosts
will reject that large of a  file).

I think the chondrule looks like a planet.

Thanks,   Tom Phillips