[meteorite-list] Meteorite Men 6 More Episodes

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Fri Nov 6 13:47:14 EST 2009

Dear Phil and Greg:

Phil, thank you for posting the press release. We're thrilled that
Science Channel has announced the official broadcast dates for the new
season of "Meteorite Men." Several episodes will debut during the 2010
gem show, and Steve and I will try to organize some kind of screening
party.

As Science has invested a great deal of time and money in the show the
episodes are unlikely to be broadcast on the web, at this time, as the
cable network needs to recoup their investment through ad sales. We do
hope/expect that all seven episodes (new series + the pilot) will be
released on DVD at some point, and we'd like to see some bonus
features added in as well. Some cable and satellite providers will
allow you to add a single channel to your lineup for a small fee, so
you might call yours and ask if that's possible.

The new series will consist of six one-hour episodes. We visited eight
meteorite sites as well as numerous museums and universities, and it
was an amazing, exciting, and never-to-be-forgotten experience. I
really had no idea how difficult it is to make an entire series, but I
sure found out   : )  We've been on the road for nearly two months and
I just got home, finally, on Wednesday night after a brilliant day
shooting at the Center for Meteorite Studies at ASU, Tempe. We were
also lucky enough to welcome several well known guest stars to the
show. The show benefitted greatly from their humor and expertise.

Steve and I have been lucky enough to have some great adventures
during our twelve-year hunting partnership, but nothing came close to
being on tour with the "Meteorite Men" crew. The first three episodes
are already in the edit bays and we eagerly await the results. I hope
you and the rest of the M-List enjoy the new shows. We certainly gave
it our all. Science is expected to add some trailers and promo to
their website over the coming months, so I'll let you know when that
material is available for viewing.

Thank you for your interest!

And my apologies for those who have been trying to contact me
recently. We were really off the grid for some of the shoots. Monday
would be an excellent day to call or email. I'm not supposed to be in
the office today  : )

Respectfully,

Geoff N.

*****************