[meteorite-list] another cleaning irons question

Michael Murray mmurray at montrose.net
Tue Nov 3 21:57:42 EST 2009

I have a couple small suspect irons that I would like to be able to
finally get to see but they both have a rind of stone-like material
completely encasing them.  Probably calcium.  I know there are several
household products that are supposed to remove calcium but will they
ruin my little iron?  Who can recommend a trustworthy product to use
for getting the stone-like material off without it ruining what is
underneath?

Mike in CO