[meteorite-list] Richard Norton

Gary Fujihara fujmon at mac.com
Wed May 27 16:21:08 EDT 2009

Aloha,

Although I never met Richard, I felt I had known him through his books
on meteorites that I devoured with great relish.  Those who are new to
the hobby or who have not read Norton should consider reading these:

Rocks From Space, O Richard Norton, Dorothy Norton, 1998 Mountain
Press Publishing
http://www.amazon.com/Rocks-Space-Meteorites-Meteorite-Astronomy/dp/0878423737/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243452161&sr=8-6

The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites, Norton, 2002 Cambridge
University Press
http://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-Encyclopedia-Meteorites-Richard-Norton/dp/0521621437/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243452286&sr=8-10

A Field Guide to Meteors and Meteorites, Norton, Lawrence Chitwood,
2008 Springer
http://www.amazon.com/Meteors-Meteorites-Patrick-Practical-Astronomy/dp/1848001568/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243451987&sr=8-1

The world of meteoritics has lost a great human resource.  My
condolences to Dorothy Norton and family.  Me kealoha pumehana, malama
pono,

gary

Gary Fujihara
AstroDay Institute