[meteorite-list] 1001 Meteorite Photos

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Mon May 25 01:33:49 EDT 2009

Eric posted:

> Geoff Notkin also has very good images, those he takes himself and
> those of Leigh Anne DelRay. Also very good. I can't list everyones
> awesome images here but many good sites are out there as well.

Dear Eric:

Thank you for the compliment. List members might enjoy visiting Leigh
Anne's personal site. She is an accomplished fine art, natural
history, and portrait photographer:

http://www.callistoimages.com

> Oscar E Monnig Meteorite Gallery: http://www.monnigmuseum.tcu.edu/photos.htm

This was also one of our projects, in association with Dr. Art Ehlmann
of TCU.

And no list of recommended meteorite photography could be complete
without including Darryl Pitt of the Macovich Collection -- the master
of the genre. His Gibeon image at the bottom of this page is one of
the finest ever. You need a lot of patience and a lot of skill to
light a subject that well:

http://www.macovich.com/intro.html

Regards,

Geoff N.