[meteorite-list] Finding Rare CK4 Meteorites with Rob Matson and friends - VIDEO!

Alexander Seidel gsac at gmx.net
Thu May 21 18:48:46 EDT 2009

Great video, Ruben - thanks for sharing this!

Then again: what makes you so sure these are "CK4"s, a rather specific classification of carbonaceous chondrites, just from simple eye and magnet inspection in the field? I pretty much assume this must have to do with Rob´s mentioned find a couple of years ago in this place, it couldn´t be any different, right? So the story of Rob Matson´s earlier find, along with all the lab work done on that, and may be a definite classification and entry to the MetBull, should be added to this video in a way, as I believe no one going out to the fields and finding a rock that obviously is a meteorite can tell, at first glance and right away, that it is exactly what it is -->> a CK4...

Well, just a thought.
Alex
Berlin/Germany

-------- Original-Nachricht --------