[meteorite-list] Meteorite Fire or Bad Report?

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sat May 16 15:43:04 EDT 2009

>>METEOR STRIKE MAY HAVE CAUSED PEAT BOG  FIRE NEAR CARLISLE<<

“It all happened in a split second,” said  Paula, 29. “I saw a light,
like a firework but a lot bigger. It shot across  the sky. It was about
10pm and it was heading towards Carlisle."

It's  the old, "If its bright enuf to see and cause a fire on the ground,
then it's  big enuf to find a big hole and hear sonic booms. The sonics are
something a  witness probably wouldn't have left out with any of their
reports. Also the  descriptive words of, "It shot across the sky." indicates to me
they were  describing any meteor seen as to being of cometary origin. Also
something not  likely to drop a meteorite.

Again I would give this just three chances  of happening...Fat, Slim and
No...highly unlikely.  :O)
geozay

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377005x1201454319/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=May